Monday, May 9, 2011

Grand Teton National Park




Grand Teton is a spectacular National Park. It is one of my favorite parks to visit. Many people just drive through this majestic park on their way to get to Yellowstone. Never stopping to explore it. Well, I will tell you this STOP! is is well worth it. The hiking here is incredible. Inspiration point is truly inspiring. It is about a 4 mile hike with a steep climb in elevation. I recommend poles. If you look around while hiking you are bound to see Yellowbellied Marmots, Pika, and more. While living at the border of this park for 6 months, I explored numerous trails: Grand View, Inspiration Point, Swan Lake, and more. So take the time to take a hike. Besides if you want to see moose go to Moose Junction, Jackson Lodge, or take a walk in the early morning. Keep your distance they are an impressive, but still dangerous animal. One of my favorite animals to hunt for (I only hunt with my camera). I have captured some beautiful "moose moments." The Grand Tetons is also a wonderful place to view Bison, Elk, and Bear. I have seen all of these creatures while hiking around in this area. If you go try to stay a few days maybe back country camp, rock climbing, mountain biking, or take a Ranger Walk. All are great activities. If you like hot springs go out to Antelope Flats near Kelly.There is a nice warm spring out there. I have talked a great deal about the wildlife, but what really makes this park so unforgetable are the Tetons themselves. This mountain range makes me feel like I am in the Alps. Although I have never been there. In the spring time when all of the flowers are exploding like fireworks, it is almost unreal. Springtime usually takes place in June or July depending on the snow melt. If you are a nature lover then see Tetons.

No comments:

Post a Comment