Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yucca House National Monument


I recently visited the Yucca House. I was less then impressed. It is very difficult to find. If you are really really really interested in Native American sites then I would take the time to find this one. However, if you are like me somewhat interested I wouldn't waste my time. For those who wish to visit this site that has yet to be developed make sure you stop in the Cortez Visitor Center so you can get directions on how to find it. A GPS will work, but you have to go down some dirt roads into a persons property, park on their property and then walk out to the site. Since it has not been developed there is no fee and just a pile of rubble at this time. I am in strong support of the parks developing this site in order to preserve it. I just wish they had more information on how to help put funds towards developing it into a National Monument. Beware of snakes while you are walking around this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment